International Aerial Firefighting Award Committee
The nominations and resultant winner are administered by the International Award Committee - an independent international consortium from the International Fire Aviation Working Group (IFAWG) and Associated Aerial Firefighters.
The Award is sponsored by Tangent Link Ltd, who agreed to provide publicity and the stage setting for the global aerial firefighting community.
The Award Committee are now calling for nominations for the International Aerial Firefighting Award.
The Award committee will convene as soon as practicable after the close of nominations to consider selection. Key stages of the selection process are:
• Confirmation of eligibility of nominees
• Assessment of nominees against the selection criteria
• Ranking of the candidates, identifying the top five preferred candidates in priority order
• Ranking is determined by majority committee agreement
• Confidential communication to the preferred candidate to confirm that the candidate is prepared to accept the award (repeated in order to other preferred candidates if the priority candidate is not able to accept)
• Acceptance of the Award is voluntary
• If there are insufficient nominations or if no candidates are considered suitable in any particular year, the Committee may make decide to o make the Award to a suitable, eligible recipient who has not otherwise been nominated, or make no Award for that year
The Award will be presented at the Aerial Firefighting Conference Dinner taking place on 13th March 2018 during Aerial Firefighting North America 2018 in Sacramento CA, USA.