Nominations are Accepted in Two Categories:
1. Contribution to Aerial Firefighting Safety
2. Industry Innovation and Advancement
Who can be Nominated?
• Any person who has made a significant contribution to furthering the safety and/or efficiency of aerial firefighting
• Any organisation that has made an outstanding contribution to furthering the safety and/or efficiency of aerial firefighting
• The Walt Darran International Aerial Firefighting Awards are awarded by peers of the global aerial firefighting community.
• Nominations may be made by any individual or organisation who can reasonably be considered by the Committee to be a member of the global aerial firefighting or wild land firefighting communities.
• Individuals or organisations may not nominate themselves.
• Nominations must be accompanied by a clear statement outlining the reasons why the nominator considers the candidate to be eligible for the Awards, and describing the contribution made to aerial firefighting.
• Nominations must clearly identify the nominator. Contact details for the nominator must be provided.
• Nominations must be made to the person/organisation specified by the committee, in each call for nominations, to receive nominations on behalf of the committee.
• Nominations must be received by the closing date specified by the committee in each call for nominations.