Who can be Nominated?
• Any person who has made a significant contribution to furthering the safety and/or efficiency of aerial firefighting
• Any organisation that has made an outstanding contribution to furthering the safety and/or efficiency of aerial firefighting
Awards Nomination Process
• The Walt Darran International Aerial Firefighting Awards are awarded by peers of the global aerial firefighting community.
• Nominations may be made by any individual or organisation who can reasonably be considered by the Committee to be a member of the global aerial firefighting or wild land firefighting communities.
• Individuals or organisations may not nominate themselves.
• Nominations must be accompanied by a clear statement outlining the reasons why the nominator considers the candidate to be eligible for the Awards, and describing the contribution made to aerial firefighting.
• Nominations must clearly identify the nominator. Contact details for the nominator must be provided.
• Nominations must be made to the person/organisation specified by the committee, in each call for nominations, to receive nominations on behalf of the committee.
• Nominations must be received by the closing date specified by the committee in each call for nominations.
The next Awards ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Aerial Firefighting North America 2020 Conference Dinner in Sacramento CA, USA in March 2020: www.aerial-firefighting-northamerica.com.
The Nomination Process for AFF Awards 2020 will open in September 2019.